The Emotionally Abused Woman
If you feel unfairly criticized, controlled by others, or are afraid of being lonely, you could be suffering from emotional abuse. Now there is help in this compassionate sourcebook. Beverly Engel, a marriage, family, and child therapist, guides you through a step-by-step recovery process to help you heal the damage done in the past.
With the insight and sensible, compassionate guidance which have distinguished her previous books A RIGHT TO INNOCENCE and DIVORCING A PARENT, Engel addresses one of the biggest segments of the recovery audience–and one of its most pressing issues: the emotional abuse of women by those they work with, live with, and love.
Hardcover – Lowell House, Los Angeles, 1990
Paperback – Fawcett, New York, 1992
- Over one million copies sold
- Psychology Today Book Club Selection
- Sally Jessy Raphael
- The Shirley Show (Canada’s #1 TV Talk Show)
- Review in Booklist
- Excellent review article in The California Therapist Magazine
- West Coast Book Tour for soft edition
- Greek rights sold
- Japanese rights sold
- Lansing State Journal, Sept. 2009